Tourist Spots in Sagada, Mountain Province
Going Around SagadaGoing further the Summer Capital of the Philippines is the small town of Sagada. With an altitude of about 1,500 meters above sea level, the temperature is cool and pleasing to the skin.
Quiet and peaceful, Sagada mostly thrives on agriculture as evidenced by the miles of greenery as far as the eye can see. No nightlife though, but the whole day offers fun activities that would surely be worth reliving.
What to Do in SagadaFor a touch of sentimentality, the Burial Cave is a good place to go. The site is eerie and brings out the supernatural in people. If you have a mind to take souvenirs, then grab your camera start posing with friends. Don’t leave any souvenirs for the Burial Cave though, because the site is important to the locals. Avoid throwing away pieces of trash, even a tiny candy wrapper as this would be offensive to Sagada’s inhabitants.
Another cave to visit is the Limestone’s Cave. It’s every bit as worthy as the Burial Cave so make sure you have enough rolls in your camera. The most important thing here is to take a guide with you since you could get lost. Ask around for a bit before settling on one to get a good price.
An excellent trek would get you to the Big Falls. After a rigorous round of walking and seeing nature at its best, the Big Falls would help you relax and recharge your batteries. It’s like nature’s own spa after a hard day of work. Be careful in swimming though as the falls can be dangerous no matter how experienced a swimmer you are.
What to Buy in SagadaOne thing to buy in Sagada is those intricate bags, purses and backpacks made from locally woven cloth. It’s strong and would last a very long time. Imagine that, a souvenir that’s pretty, useful and long lived.
|< Prev||Next >|
More Tourist Destinations
- 28/07/2009 13:14 - Hopping in Paradise: Hundred Islands, Alaminos Cit…
- 27/07/2009 14:46 - Our Lady of Lourdes - Baguio City Tourist Spot
- 24/07/2009 03:47 - Delicious Looking Attractions: Chocolate Hills of …
- 23/07/2009 13:29 - Learning and Leisure: National Museum of the Phili…
- 22/07/2009 16:27 - A Slice of Heaven: Camp John Hay
More Travel Guides
- 20/07/2009 17:49 - Summer in Boracay
- 17/07/2009 07:28 - What to See in Baguio
- 16/07/2009 10:16 - PENC and The Philippine National Eagle
- 15/07/2009 10:05 - The Heart of Baguio
- 14/07/2009 09:21 - Filipino Food – What to Taste