Filipino Food – What to Taste
Admit it, half the reason people travel is for the food. Each country offers different tastes to tease the taste buds. Philippines have their own share of mouth watering, not to mention interesting delicacies that are just waiting to be explored by the tourists.
Tourists -- and I mean every tourist should get a taste of “balut”. A visit of the Philippines is not complete without sampling this product deemed to be an aphrodisiac by most Filipinos. Basically, it’s an egg – usually of a duck – wherein the embryo is allowed to grow up until a point, and then boiled. It’s best eaten with salt and most Pinoy’s take them with beer.
Basically made from pig’s meat and blood. It actually taste’s very good especially if eaten right after its cooked partnered with another Filipino delicacy: puto.
One word: Crunchy. What makes food delicious involves the utilization of all senses, even hearing. Thus the crunchier the food is, the more attractive is it to us. And crispy pata made from pork knuckles is as crunchy as it gets.
Firs there’s the blood, then there’s the knuckle. Lechon is the whole pig. This delicacy is very popular in huge parties. It’s basically the whole pig roasted with a special sauce periodically wiped on the pig’s skin to add flavor. The pig is also stuffed with sampalok so the taste would go all the way through.
This one is extremely popular with the students. Its boiled quails egg covered with flour and fried. The delicacy comes with sauce specially made to complement its taste.
There are lots more actually, but discussing all of them could take a while. These are just the tip of the iceberg. Amount to be eaten should be moderate though as too much could cause havoc in your digestive system. Happy eating!
|< Prev||Next >|
- 17/11/2009 05:30 - Top Philippine Dishes You Should Really Taste
- 22/07/2009 15:17 - Tourist Spots in Sagada, Mountain Province
- 20/07/2009 17:49 - Summer in Boracay
- 17/07/2009 07:28 - What to See in Baguio
- 16/07/2009 10:16 - PENC and The Philippine National Eagle
- 15/07/2009 10:05 - The Heart of Baguio
- 13/07/2009 06:22 - Tourist Spots in Laguna
- 10/07/2009 14:44 - Tourist Spots in Davao
- 09/07/2009 07:03 - Tourist Spots in Cebu
- 08/07/2009 04:34 - Seeing Palawan
- 07/07/2009 03:39 - Philippines' Man Made Marvels (Tourist Spots)